At Somerville, we want to use our talents and efforts to do more than just design structures and environments. We want to help build the Green Bay community that we call home. That’s why we’re proud to support, help organize and participate in a number of worthy area fund-raising events.
The Bellin Run
The Bellin Run is an annual 10K run/walk that takes place in the heart of Green Bay. Proceeds from the event benefit several local charitable organizations. Somerville has been a lead sponsor of the event for ten years, and we’ve fielded a company team in the race’s corporate challenge for the last five. In 2011, more than half of Somerville’s staff participated in the event. As heated as things can get in the actual race, Somerville’s talented design staff take the event’s T-Shirt Design Contest just as seriously, often submitting the winning entry.
Edgar Bennett’s Celebrity Bowl-A-Thon
For the past four years, Somerville has proudly supported the annual Celebrity Bowl-A-Thon founded and hosted by Green Bay Packer legend (and current coach) Edgar Bennett. The money raised by the event is gifted to The Angel Fund for Children with Cancer, an organization that provides support to area families with children receiving treatment for cancer or bone marrow failure. In 2012, Somerville’s bowling team even won first place in the tournament, bringing home (or rather, to our office) trophies autographed by Edgar himself!
– Northeast Wisconsin Technical College (NWTC) Foundation and Annual Scholarship
– Bellin Foundation
– Paul’s Pantry
– Bay Area Humane Society
– Family Services of Northeastern Wisconsin
– Unity Hospice
– Brown County Sheriff’s Benevolent Association
– Encompass Early Education and Care
– Mid-State Technical College (MSTC) Foundation
– Fox Valley Lutheran High School
– Foundation Christian Academy
– Syble Hopp School – Brown County Children with Disabilities Education Board